Cheers, it’s finally Friday. Before you start your weekend, check out the hottest cryptocurrency news of the week:
- Binance will launch Venus, it will be a regional version of Libra;
- Two Canadians were accused of BTC fraud for approximately $233,220;
- Chainalysis implemented real-time alerts for suspicious transactions.
Cryptocurrency Market Stats
Total market capitalization of all cryptocurrency assets slid down by 2.46% over the 5 day period. Check out the results below.
|Stat||Value (7d change)|
|Market Cap||$ 265 710 355 906 (-2.46%)|
|Markets||20 177 (+0.98%)|
|Cryptocurrencies||2 475 (+0.85%)|
|BTC Dominance||68.5% (– 0.2%)|
Major Coins’ Price Stats
According to the Coinmarketcap stats, cryptocurrencies continued to drop. BTC has lost 2.07%, ETH slid down by 1.62%, and XRP by 4.14%. Here are the details:
|Coin||Close||7d Gains||7d High||7d Low|
|Bitcoin||$10 131.06||–2.07%||$10 947.04||$9 831.46|
Quote of the Week:
Vitalik Buterin has commented on the increased cost of transacting on the ethereum blockchain: “If you’re a bigger organization, the calculus is that if we join, it will not only be more full but we will be competing with everyone for transaction space. It’s already expensive and it will be even five times more expensive because of us. There is pressure keeping people from joining, but improvements in scalability can do a lot in improving that.”
In Case You Missed It:
- The largest cryptocurrency exchange Binance announced that it will launch a blockchain platform called Venus. This project is aimed to develop localized stablecoins and digital assets pegged to fiat currencies across the globe. Binance team mentioned in the Chinese-language version of its blogpost that Venus will be an independent and autonomous regional version of Libra.
- Two Canadians were accused of Bitcoin fraud using a fake HitBTC account on Twitter. According to The Week report, the defendants used a fraudulent Twitter account @HitBTCAssist to trick the victim by posing as a customer service representative from HitBTC. They convinced their victim to pass them her personal data, and withdrew BTC worth approximately $233,220.
- Cryptocurrency compliance project Chainalysis has rolled out a new real-time alert feature for “Chainalysis KYT”. The company announced, its alerts “are designed to help cryptocurrency businesses and financial institutions mitigate exposure to regulatory and reputational risk by helping compliance teams focus on the most urgent activity and enforce compliance policies while better allocating resources”. This system is available for 15 cryptocurrencies supported by this project, including Bitcoin, Ether, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, and top stablecoins and ERC-20 tokens such as Tether, Maker, and Dai.
Do you like our digest? Share this blogpost on social media channels, subscribe and stay tuned for new articles!