Check out last week’s digest on cryptocurrency market changes, top 3 coins stats, last week’s top gainers and losers and the most notable news.
Last week was marked mainly by the talks about the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) plans to make a guidance for crypto token sales and by the announcement of JPMorgan cryptocurrency, while the cryptocurrency market was mostly quiet. Hope you find it helpful and happy crypto trading!
Bullish trend from the previous week still continues and it seems like it will continue, as all of the major coins have started this week with the price gains. So, all of the main stats (besides Bitcoin dominance) have a minor increase of their values.
|Stat||Value (7d change)|
|Cryptocurrencies||2 068 (+0.29%)|
|Markets||16 172 (+0.81%)|
|Market Cap||$126 305 549 163 (+4.03%)|
|BTC Dominance||52.1% (-0.7%)|
Major coins price stats
Bitcoin and XRP lost a small portion of their values, but Ethereum had a noticeable price gain of more than 7%.
|Coin||Close||7d Gains||7d High||7d Low|
|Bitcoin||3 673.84||-0.44%||3 680.54||3 607.70|
Last week’s top gainers are staying very close to each other with roughly 140% added to their values.
|Coin||Symbol||24h Volume||Price||7d Increase|
|Unibright||UBT||$2 098 239||$0.041569||144.32%|
|Maximine Coin||MXM||$2 348 994||$0.011631||143.59%|
|ONG||ONG||$11 811 056||$0.709834||141.66%|
|Coin||Symbol||24h volume||Price||7d Drop|
|The Currency Analytics||TCAT||$723 779||$0.004111||-89.11%|
|SOLVE||SOLVE||$2 910 122||$0.052736||-70.19%|
|MIR COIN||MIR||$1 206 588||$0.020029||-55.16%|
Quote of the week:
Hester Peirce, one of the SEC’s commissioners, in a speech about crypto token sales at the University of Missouri School of Law: “If we act appropriately, we can enable innovation on this new frontier to proceed without compromising the objectives of our securities laws – protecting investors, facilitating capital formation, and ensuring fair, orderly, and efficient markets.”
In case you missed it:
- As CNBC reported on Feb. 14, JPMorgan Chase is launching a cryptocurrency. JPM Coin will be the first crypto, created by a major U.S. bank. At first, the bank’s crypto will focus on 3 things: helping speed up transactions of the large corporate clients, improving the treasury service and securities transactions. Each JPM Coin will be equal to a one US dollar. Clients will receive the tokens after depositing dollars. After using for a payment or security purchase, the bank will destroy the coins and give clients back an equivalent amount of dollars.
- Decentralized payment network StellarX was acquired by Coinsquare, a Canadian cryptocurrency exchange. Reportedly, StellarX will be a wholly owned subsidiary of Coinsquare, but, as part of acquisition, will continue to operate and grow under its own brand. StellarX intents to apply with the regulators to become licensed to operate and scale its business under Coinsquare’s compliance leadership.
- Three months after the Bitcoin Cash hard fork, the largest United States cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase finally allows its users to access their Bitcoin Satoshi’s Vision (BSV) balances. However, it cannot be traded on Coinbase, so users need to send their coins to an external wallet if they wish to trade BSV for another cryptocurrency or for fiat.
- Changpeng Zhao, CEO of Binance, has announced that the testnet of Binance DEX will be released for public testing on Feb. 20th.
- Morgan Creek Digital, a United States digital asset firm, has raised $40 million in funding from investors that include 2 pension funds from Fairfax County, Virginia. As said, this is probably the first investment in the crypto asset universe from a U.S. pension fund.