It’s time to check out Tradesanta’s digest. The biggest stories of the past week in cryptocurrency industry are right here:
- BTC price hits new 2019 high;
- Visa, Mastercard, PayPal and Uber will invest in Facebook’ cryptocurrency;
- Bloomberg and Reuters will implement new cryptocurrency index.
Cryptocurrency Market Stats
Total market capitalization of all cryptocurrency assets went up by 282 billion USD by the end of last week. Check the main results of the previous week in the table below.
|Stat||Value (7d change)|
|Market Cap||$ 282 141 351 625 (+15.62%)|
|Markets||18 930 (+0.32%)|
|BTC Dominance||57.2% (+1.5%)|
Major Coins’ Price Stats
According to the Coinmarketcap data, cryptocurrencies soared during the last week. BTC jumps 16% and hits the highest price point during this year. ETH and XRP spiked over the previous week too. So, take a look at the results.
|Coin||Close||7d Gains||7d High||7d Low|
|Bitcoin||$8 994.49||+16.99%||$9 335.87||$7 772.80|
Quote of the Week:
Facebook on it’s new cryptocurrency according to The Block: “Collaborating and innovating with the financial sector, including regulators and experts across a variety of industries, is the only way to ensure a sustainable, secure, and trusted framework underpins this new system.”
In Case You Missed It:
- According to CoinMarketCap, Bitcoin is rallying above the $9,000 mark for the first time in more than a year. The price soared due to reports that Facebook will launch its cryptocurrency. The last time BTC reached 9,000 USD level was May 2018. Bitcoin showed a good result after a miserable year for the asset with a 70% plunge in 2018. Bitcoin price is up 140% since the start of this year.
- Visa, Mastercard, PayPal and Uber will support an upcoming Facebook cryptocurrency called Libra. According to the Wall Street Journal report, each company will invest $10 million. Facebook plans to find 100 members in the governing consortium, and gather a sum of $1 billion. This funds can be invested in the creation of the Facebook’s coin, which will be pegged to a basket of government-issued currencies to avoid wild fluctuations typical of cryptocurrencies.
- According to Coindesk, the financial terminals of Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg will add a new index for cryptocurrencies developed by Cryptoindex. Moreover, the index will be available to TradingView users.This index will take into account posts from social media and news. Index provider Cryptoindex announced that its customers will be able to view the top 100 performing cryptocurrencies, according to its rankings. It consists of crypto assets were in top 200 for over three months, were “almost always traded on multiple exchanges” and have a “significant social media following.”The Cryptoindex is built from an analysis of over 1,800 cryptocurrencies that were analyzed through set of filters.
That’s all for now. We hope that our digest will be helpful for you. Stay tuned for more blogposts, and as usual, we wish you a profitable trading!