It’s time to check out TradeSanta’s digest. The biggest stories of the past week in cryptocurrency industry are right here:
- Bitfinex will list its new exchange token;
- SEC delays its decision on Bitwise Bitcoin ETF;
- Bakkt announced July test date for Bitcoin futures.
Cryptocurrency Market Stats
The total capitalization of all digital assets in circulation hit $249 billion, while an average daily trading volume dropped to $79 billion by the end of the previous week.
|Stat||Value (7d change)|
|Market Cap||249 389 734 306 (+14.17%)|
|Markets||18 583 (+1.74%)|
|Cryptocurrencies||2 186 (+0.78%)|
|BTC Dominance||56.29% (-2.71%)|
Major Coins’ Price Stats
As you may have noticed, bullish trend kept strong and the major cryptocurrencies held up well during the past week.
|Coin||Close||7d Gains||7d High||7d Low|
|Bitcoin||8 197.69||+17.57%||8 320.82||7 038.12|
Quote of the Week:
Andrew Yang, the founder of Venture for America and 2020 presidential candidate, told CoinDesk about regulators’ practice of setting policy via enforcement actions rather than publishing guidance:
“I think it’s unfair to folks and I think it’s a clear emblem of the U.S.’s approach, and [customers] ask ‘what the heck’ … It’s one thing that they [regulators] come down when there’s clear guidelines [but there aren’t in crypto]. So the regulators owe us some degree, owe the community some degree of clarity.”
In Case You Missed It:
- Bitfinex plans to list its new exchange token called UNUS SED LEO. It will be released on Monday, May 20. The token will be available for a variety of exchange-based options. Bitfinex said that it will enable the users of Bitfinex to trade it against tether (USDT), bitcoin (BTC), ether (ETH), U.S. dollars and EOS pairs.
- According to an official report, the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) delayed the decision on Bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) on Tuesday. Bitwise ETF proposal was filed with NYSE Arca in January. It was postponed twice: in March, and in May. The SEC plans to make a decision on the Bitwise ETF until August 14 now .
- Bakkt, an institutional cryptocurrency trading platform, plans to list their bitcoin futures on federally regulated futures exchanges in July. The platform will list futures using daily and monthly trading intervals. Bakkt is clearly putting a lot of faith and money in this project: $35 million will be invested in the project. The company is also looking to regulate and follow the law by working closely with the New York State Department of Financial Services.
We hope that our digest will be really helpful, and we wish you happy trading!